Sunday, January 4, 2009

Stash report 1-2009

The fabric in this post is for the two new quilts in my January Goal list.
I bought some yardage to make the two new quilts but because I am using them immediately I don't count them in my stash. I did shop my stash first for both quilts so here is the yardage pulled this week: The Seahawks material was purchased by my sister. The white print I just bought but I pulled the green from my stash. 3.5 yds
The second quilt I had to buy the black print fabric but I pulled the rest from my stash. 5.5 yds

Fabric Added this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 0 yards

Fabric Used this Week: 9.0 yards
Fabric Used Year to Date: 9.0 yards

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! The guilt! I have a habit, when I'm sick or have had major surgery (that seems to happen too often) of lying on the couch and hitting the fabshophops. This is excellent for the stash but mighty hard on the wallet. I just figured out that my physical therapy is going to cost me $368 out of pocket (over three months) so I'd best stop shopping. I shudder to add up what I've added to the stash since November, but if we're starting fresh for 2009, I've not done bad. Just 5.5 yards at the LQS and two bargain backs from Wilma -- I'll have to compute the yardage on those. I bought them because all of the shops in the area seem to be out of good backgrounds and I figured that was one heck of a bargain to get some nice fabric I could use as backgrounds in quilts.

I love the green in your first quilt. The second quilt looks like a nice mix of colors. Can't wait to see what you create!!

Lori in South Dakota said...

good job on shopping your stash first!