Vicki just finished her cross stitch cat project she has been working on for YEARS!
It always amazes me how long it takes to complete one of these. When I was younger and before I discovered quilting, I cross stitched a lot! I have quite a few finished pieces that are still un framed. Shame on me! They took thousands of hours to complete, you would think the least I would do is frame them! I will unearth them and show you in another post. Anyway, I decided to start a new cross stitch project of my own. I am planning to do a weekly update like Vicki, to keep me going on the progress. Here is my new project: SEPTEMBER

It is the September month of a leaflet that has a picture for every month for a whole year. I plan to make them all, of course. Starting with this one, I can't tell you why I am starting with this one, I suppose I should have started with January....
I pulled all the DMC colors to complete the project and cut the aida fabric for the project and made my working copies of the pattern. Tomorrow I have to go buy new 3X glasses to be able to work it. I will start on this tomorrow with stitching. Update, next Wednesday.
5 comments:
It's not too late to just burn the whole thing!
Stop it!
I have finished January and July. June is about 95% done, and I think maybe I started May also.
I had great plans to do them all, but after that much decided I was nuts.
THey are quite beautiful, I have done other Paula Vaughan pieces as well. I have a ton of projects that need to be framed, but it costs so darned much. But...it's probably worth it after so many many hours of work...
I always framed my own. Stretching onto the sticky mats and buy precut mats and ready frames. I am thinking about getting them professionally framed at a later date! I love that you have done these too Suzanne! (despite Vicki's misguided attempt to change my mind)
Awesome...I haven't stitched in years..I still have 4 projects in the works. OK so now you've got me inspired to dig them out.
Love that picture..can't wait to see your progress on them.
Take Care
Post a Comment